There are many ways to make arc-shaped gauges. For a KB with a couple working dsn examples, see here:
However, this KB discusses the cover-over/cut-out method, which is also a nice alternative method, should the methods in the above KB not work for your hardware.
You can create a custom gauge using a masked shape placed over an animated object. Masked shape can be created using PNG image containing a trasparent Area.
In the Image_1 you can see a simple rectangle placed over a mask. In the Image_2 the mask is placed over the rectangle. You can create a simple horizontal stretching animation over the rectangle in order to animate your gauge. See also the attached video.
Video : https://altia.zendesk.com/attachments/token/dckirz8e1mxxid4/?name=video_custom_shape.wmv
You can also create an arc shape gauge using a Pie object:
- Take the Pie object from the related Altia library.
- The Pie object slice grows in the counter-clockwise direction so you have to rotate and flip the pie chart if you need that the slice starts from bottom left border.
- Setup the radius of pie object using the radius animation.
- Place the mask over the pie object.
- You can change the the size of slice by changing percent animation (from 0 to 100) followed by setting draw animation to 1.
See the Image_3 for some details.
Image_3 : https://altia.zendesk.com/attachments/token/15dxdhebntbixhh/?name=pie_sample.png