This article explains how to create an account, download Altia Launcher, and use the administrative features of the Altia Cloud Website.
Click a link below to skip to a specific section:
If you have joined a company that uses Altia or your company has purchased Altia products, your company's designated Altia Account Administrator can invite new users to the cloud site, where they can download the Altia Launcher desktop application.
Altia products are delivered through the Altia Launcher application. The Altia Launcher connects with the Altia Cloud and automatically downloads and installs a user’s licensed software.
Creating an Account on the Cloud Website
Once you have gained access from your company’s Altia Account Administrator, you should receive an email with the Subject Line, "You have been invited to join Altia," prompting you to create an account on Altia’s cloud website: https://app.altia.com/
NOTE: If you have not received an invite email, contact your company’s Altia Account Administrator.
- Select the Create Account link in the email inviting you to join Altia.
- On the account creation page, enter your information, including a Phone Number and Password, in the form fields, and click SET PASSWORD.
- Next, Altia Cloud messages the phone number you entered with a Validation code for 2-step (multi-factor) authentication. Enter the code from the text message you received into the code field on the cloud website and click SUBMIT.
The website will prompt you to download the Altia Launcher application.
You can download it now or continue exploring the website. Click here to skip to the next section about the Launcher.
The website opens to your Altia Cloud Home page.
Now that you have an account, you can view your product licenses and hardware targets or download sample projects.
If you are an Altia Account Administrator for your organization, you will see your Account name in the left-side navigation bar, and you can also invite other users. Refer to Managing your Organization's Altia Cloud Users later in this article.
To change your profile settings, click the Profile button in the left-side navigation panel.
The Profile Information page allows you to change the following:
- The First Name and Last Name associated with the profile
- The Default Rows per Page shown on the Products, Templates, Licenses, and Activities pages
- The Phone Number used for Multi-Factor Authentication of your user account
- The type of Multi-Factor Authentication used to verify your identify: SMS (Text) message to a phone number or an Authenticator application on a smart phone
- Your Altia Cloud account Password
NOTE: You cannot change the Email address associated with the user account. You must create a new account to use a different email.
Click the CHANGE PASSWORD button at the bottom right of the page to change the password for the user account.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
By default, the cloud website text messages the phone number entered when a user creates an account to authenticate the account.
To enable authenticator MFA, select Authenticator Two Factor Authentication on the cloud Profile Information page, and then, using a smart phone, scan the provided QR code into an authenticator app of your choice.
Open the menu button in the top right corner of the Cloud site, and select the Sign Out button.
Downloading and Installing Altia Launcher
The Altia Launcher desktop application manages your licensed products and saved Project assets. Most users will interact with their Altia software using the Launcher and will not need to visit the Cloud Website much after downloading the desktop app.
- If you've managed to get this far without downloading the Launcher yet, click the ALTIA LAUNCHER button in the upper right corner of the Altia Cloud site.
- Select DOWNLOAD ALTIA LAUNCHER in the pop-up that appears.
- Save the altialauncher.msi file to your computer.
- Open (Execute) the file to begin installation with the Setup Wizard.
- Click Next to accept the License Agreement and move through the Setup Wizard screens.
- Click Install to finish.
- Open the newly installed Altia Launcher application.
On the Launcher’s sign-in screen, fill in the Username (your email address) and Password as they were entered on the Altia Cloud website, and click Sign in.
- Complete the multi-factor authentication again, and Altia Launcher will open to the Projects page.
For more information about Altia Launcher, refer to the Altia Launcher User’s Guide, available from the Altia Launcher Start Menu folder on your PC or from the Altia Support screen in the Altia Launcher application.
Viewing Information on the Cloud Website
NOTE: The Account link and name in the left sidebar only appears for users who are set as Account Administrators for your organization. Refer to Managing your Organization's Altia Cloud Users later in this article for an explanation of account administration.
The Licenses page shows each license type available to your organization. If your company uses Floating Licenses, this page also shows the number of Seats you have in total, In Use, and Available. If you do not use Floating Licenses, dashes are displayed instead of seat numbers.
Click on the icon to the right of one of the active licenses to view Checked Out License details.
See the What is CloudWare? article for an overview of CloudWare.
To learn more about the Altia tool chain and HMI development, take a look at our introductory courses in Altia Learn.
Managing your Organization's Altia Cloud Users
Cloud website users with Account Administrator status are able to access and view the Account Information page and invite new users to your organization's Altia cloud space.
Access the Account Information page by selecting the Account button in the left sidebar, as shown below.
NOTE: If the Account button and name does not appear in the left sidebar, your user account is not designated as an Account Administrator.
You can change your Account Name and associated Email in the BILLING tab.
Changes are saved automatically.
The USERS tab on the Account page shows the number of user accounts your organization can assign and allows you to invite new users.
To add users to your Altia Cloud account:
- Click the INVITE USER button at the bottom right of the Account Information screen (above).
- In the Invite User dialog, enter the email address for the user you want to add.
- If you want the new user to have admin and invite privileges, select the Administrator checkbox.
- Click INVITE.
An invitation email is sent to the email address you entered. Once new users have accepted the invitation and created an account, their names will appear next to their email address in the Users list.
To make another current user an Administrator:
- Select the checkbox next to the user's email. The options shown in the image below, REMOVE USER and TOGGLE ACCOUNT ADMINISTRATOR, appear under the Users list once one or more checkboxes are selected.
- Click the TOGGLE ACCOUNT ADMINISTRATOR button to make a regular user an Administrator or to remove Administrator status from a user who already has it.
To remove a user, select the checkbox next to the user's email, and click the REMOVE USER button that appears below the Users list.